The Miss High Point Scholarship Association, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. It is an official preliminary pageant to Miss North Carolina and Miss America, Miss North Carolina's Outstanding Teen and Miss America's Outstanding Teen.
To provide young women with the opportunity to further their personal and professional goals as well as instill a spirit of community service through a variety of unique community based programs. After Miss High Point and Miss High Point's Outstanding Teen is selected is selected, they will embark on a yearlong duty of serving the community by representing the Miss America Organization, their personal platform and the High Point community at the Miss North Carolina Pageant and Miss North Carolina Outstanding Teen Pageant in June.
Who Can Compete?
To be eligible to compete for the title of Miss High Point 2019, you must live, work or attend school for at least 6 months in one of the following counties; Guilford, Randolph, Forsyth and Davidson. You must be a US citizen and be between the ages of 17 (Senior in High School) and 24 (You cannot turn 25 by December 31st, 2018). You will be required to compete in the following phases of competition; private interview with a panel of judges, on-stage question, lifestyle and fitness in swimsuit, evening gown and a talent presentation of your choice that is no longer than 90 seconds.
To be eligible to compete for the title of Miss High Point's Outstanding Teen 2019 you must be a US citizen, a resident of North Carolina and between the ages of 13 (by June 2018) and 17 (no higher than a Junior in High School). You will be required to compete in the following phases of competition; private interview with a panel of judges, Lifestyle and Fitness, Evening Gown/On Stage Question and a talent presentation of your choice that is no longer than 90 seconds.
Why Be a Part of Our Organization?
• Gain valuable experience and develop life skills that will benefit your everyday life (i.e. interview skills, public speaking, interpersonal communication, social interaction, etc.)
• Earn quality scholarship funds for college and graduate school, regardless of whether a title is won
• Create awareness of your potential strengths and increase your self-confidence
• Find new interests and discover new opportunities
• Make lifelong friendships and relationships with your peers, as well as other generations
• Gain a sense of accomplishment by using your free time in a positive and constructive manner
• Learn to set goals, follow them through, and exceed your expectations
• Develop a sense of responsibility for helping others
• Foster a positive, self-motivated mindset
• Receive recognition for your efforts in bettering yourself and your community.